We are pleased to provide our most recent Inspection Report (October 2018).
We are very proud that once again the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) has identified many of the 'excellent' and 'outstanding' qualities within our School. Please click on the below to download the full inspection report:
We have highlighted the main points from the 2018 report below:
- Adults know the children, their likes and dislikes, their habits and routines extremely well; consequently, children are happy and feel safe and secure.
- Leadership and management show an ambitious vision for the development of the setting.
- Warm, supportive relationships and safe routines enable children to feel emotionally secure and confident to explore new experiences.
- Pupils demonstrate excellent communication skills. They are articulate, confident in expressing their views and keen to contribute fully in lessons
- Their behaviour and manners are impeccable, and they show substantial respect for each other and value others' opinions.
- Pupils gain confidence and self-knowledge through exceptionally positive and well-developed relationships with staff.
- Pupils show an excellent understanding of how to stay safe and healthy.
- Pupils of all ages demonstrate excellent speaking and listening skills.
- …outstanding fluency in communication stems from the considerable range of opportunities given to all…
- They use their excellent knowledge of letters and sounds to read and spell to a level beyond that expected for their age.
- Pupils writing… displayed outstanding maturity and empathy.
- …pupils show a very high level of understanding and skills relative to their age.
- The pupils’ outstanding skills in creative and performing arts are strongly supported by the specialist teaching provided.
- Pupils perform at consistently high levels in music and drama...
- From the EYFS upwards, pupils show excellent attitudes to their work. They enjoy learning for its own sake and derive satisfaction from working hard and doing their best.
- All pupils are supported by warm, encouraging staff, who use praise highly effectively to motivate them.
- Pupils’ attainment... is judged to be above national age-related expectations.
- Pupils make excellent progress through the teachers’ use of comprehensive planning and challenging, well-directed tasks.
- Pupils’ confidence is enhanced by… the school’s enthusiastic and professional leadership.
- Pupils are joyful, open, friendly and confident and this has a very positive influence on how they conduct themselves.
- The ‘Woodlands Way’, an agreed set of values championed by strong yet sensitive leadership, has a significant impact on the development of the pupils’ understanding of themselves. As a result, pupils’ self-esteem and self-awareness is excellent.
- Pupils… are encouraged to develop resilience and to strive for improvement.
- In all areas of school life, pupils make excellent decisions.
- [Pupils] have high expectations of themselves and of others, meaning exemplary behaviour is the norm.
- Pupils show excellent spiritual awareness.
- Outdoor learning sessions give pupils a highly developed appreciation of the natural world around them.
- Pupils demonstrate outstanding respect for others’ religious beliefs and practices, both within the curriculum and during assemblies where pupils explore thoughts, values and experiences of people from a range of different religious and cultural backgrounds.
- Behaviour is excellent, and pupils understand and respect the rules of the classroom from their first days in the school.
- All staff treat pupils with respect and this is reciprocated with the highest levels of politeness and good manners.
- Pupils of all ages have an outstanding grasp of the distinction between right and wrong, and are encouraged to take full responsibility for their actions.
- Pupils across the school demonstrate excellent social skills.
- Pupils form outstandingly positive relationships with each other.
- The school places healthy choices and exercise as a priority throughout the school and pupils embrace this healthy lifestyle positively.
- Exceptionally caring leadership and staff knowledge ensure pupils’ individual pastoral needs are fully met.
- Pupils’ outstandingly positive and trusting relationships with staff are a feature of the school.