Marketing & Communications Officer (PT)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced, creative and motivated marketing individual to work for Woodlands Schools, which comprises two co-ed independent primary schools and day nurseries in Hutton and Great Warley in Brentwood, Essex.
The main focus of the role is to promote the schools and nurseries to current and prospective parents, the local community and the wider public to maintain and grow its profile, raise awareness and drive inquiries. The role is varied, and you’ll be required to work off your own initiative and cover all aspects from strategy and analysis to design, copy-writing and delivery. You will work in a truly heart-warming environment as part of a friendly team.
Key duties and responsibilities:
Full responsibility for the development, implementation and management of a digitally led marketing strategy. The successful candidate will need to maximise the use of all relevant digital and social media channels to deliver high quality, targeted, content-rich campaigns, complemented by more traditional advertising where necessary.
- Ensure that the schools and nurseries communicate in a consistent, accurate and professional fashion across all channels.
- Design all marketing materials in house using Photoshop, InDesign or similar programs
- Manage, maintain and optimise the schools’ website to ensure content is engaging, accurate, current and informative, and use SEO best practises to maintain and improve on our search engine ranking and online visibility
- Write effective and engaging press releases and liaise with local media to raise awareness of the schools
- Create and design appropriate copy for media advertisements; recruitment advertising; and all marketing & promotional material e.g. prospectuses
- Identify, research and develop new marketing & promotional opportunities
- Manage and promote all school events to include Open Morning; Prizegiving; Social Events etc. Act as school photographer at appropriate events - this will, on occasions, involve attending functions outside of the usual working hours (time given off in lieu)
- Produce reports for senior management and analyse statistical data via the school information management system
- Maintain school photo bank and manage permissions for photo usage.
Required skills and experience:
- Proven experience of marketing preferably within education or a similar field
- High level of digital and social media expertise
- High level of graphic design skills and a creative flair
- Strong copywriting and proofing skills
- Strong IT skills, including Adobe Software, Microsoft programmes including Word, Outlook and Excel, and working with data
- Ability to prioritise, manage multiple projects and work to tight deadlines.
- Highly organised and happy to work autonomously
- Strong people skills and communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- A knowledge/awareness of branding, image and style
We are looking for someone with a minimum of 3 years proven marketing experience, preferably within the independent education sector, who can take full ownership of the marketing function. The ideal candidate will be fully conversant with current digital & social media technology and experienced in taking a hands-on role in both managing and implementing targeted, multi-channel campaigns. You must be enthusiastic and pro-active and possess graphic design experience, excellent copywriting skills and a creative flair.
We are a small, tight knit team and are looking for a team player to join us who has a cheerful, positive outlook and is never afraid to muck in. A knowledge of the local area would also be advantageous.
Working days and hours
Term time: 24 hours per week - 34 weeks annually
School Holidays: 10 hours per week - 18 weeks annually
Maximum of £17,500 per annum
The position will be primarily based at Head Office, Hutton Manor, 428 Rayleigh Road however, the Marketing & Communications Officer will be expected to work across both schools as required.
Please apply with your original CV and a short covering letter stating why you are suitable for the role, your current salary and your notice period / availability. We will be reviewing CVs upon receipt and due to the expected level of interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Email applications to: DC@woodlandsschools.co.uk
Thank you for your interest in our school.
Woodlands Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employees and the Disclosure and Barring service.