The Early Years provision at Woodlands Great Warley includes:
Child starts in the term following their 3rd birthday
Child starts in the September of the year of their 5th birthday.
- We provide a warm and welcoming start to your child’s formal education here at Woodlands, helping to instil a life-long love of learning from a young age.
- Children learn through play and having fun, with a variety of engaging and stimulating activities to help their personal, social and academic development.
- Small class sizes allow our highly trained specialist staff to nurture each child’s individual interests.
- We follow the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage which we bring to life with the addition of our specialist teachers, and have dedicated lessons in French, Music, Music and Movement, Drama, Gymnastics, Speech and Language, and Swimming.
- By the end of Reception, nearly all children exceed the goals set nationally for this age – including reading, writing and completing simple sums.
- Kindergarten and Reception classes are included in school assemblies, sporting events and other activities to help them integrate with older children and feel very much a part of the whole school.