Facilities & Rooms
Each age group within the nursery has its own tailor made space, designed specifically for their stage of development.
Please note: Transition from room to room is based on development. Ages below are provided as a rough guide, however each child is considered on an individual basis and will move rooms at the time that is right for them, decided by staff and parents together.
Tiggywinkles (for ages 3 months –2 years)
A bright and nurturing environment for babies and young toddlers, with a real ‘home-from-home’ feel. Staff endeavour to follow your child’s family routines for naps and feeds/meals wherever possible. The room has its own private nursery garden, and children can also explore the wider grounds of the school on nature trails and ‘welly walks’. A balance of adult led and child initiated activities create fun and stimulation while encouraging independence. Children enjoy messy play, painting, singing, action rhymes, dancing, story time, heuristic play and exploration.
Freshly prepared lunch and tea are provided by the school kitchen, and children enjoy lunch together in a safe and calm space.
Squirrel Nutkins (for ages 2 – 3 years)
In the Squirrel Nutkins room, children start to more actively engage with their learning. We encourage independence by letting children make their own choices, while also working on how to share and co-operate with others. They acquire a range of basic skills such as coordination, creativity, imagination, mark making and emotional understanding, through a variety of enjoyable experiences and activities. We introduce concepts such as colours, numbers and shapes, and give children responsibilities for themselves and their possessions, for example they hang up their on coats, put toys away, and help prepare snacks. Lunch is served in the School Hall to help develop their social skills and confidence, ready for their next step.
- Purpose built nursery setting – designed with young children in mind
- Linked rooms – encourages social interaction across age groups to nurture confidence and social skills
- Access to the school gym - where children can develop their physical skills via obstacle courses, ball play and musical movement.
- Herb garden - where children can grow and harvest herbs, which are added to sensory play activities
- Private outdoor play areas – fun, interactive, spacious and safe, with slides, trikes, sandbox, water wall and more
- School grounds – nursery children have full use of the extensive school grounds
- Nature trails – perfect for discovering mini-beasts and connecting with the natural world
- Technology – Access to devices and gadgets which help enhance children’s learning
- Parking facilities and security – safe, off road parking for all parents and staff. The school is protected by secure electronic gates and recently upgraded CCTV.
- Separate toilet facilities – toddler sized toilets and potties